By: David Franklin
With the first scrimmage of the year coming up on Saturday Manny Diaz and the Miami Hurricanes are looking forward to seeing a little bit of live action and see if anyone will begin to show signs of standing out early on. As practice wrapped up just a short time ago a few notes below.
– Junior WRs Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley both dropped several passes today which got the attention of QB N’Kosi Perry who got vocal with Harley. However it should also be noted that Thomas had a great catch and showed his speed on a play that would have been an easy TD. Freshman WR Jeremiah Payton continues to impress. If the early Spring is any sign of things to come we could see Payton make his way into the rotation.
– OC Dan Enos was working a lot with the QBs today after spending a majority of his time with the WRs earlier in the week.
– Safety Amari Carter continues to nurse a foot injury and probably will not participate in Saturday’s scrimmage.
– CB DJ Ivey has put in a noticeable amount of muscle from last season.
– TE Coach Stephen Field delivered a loud, intense message to some of the offensive players and expressed his disappointment over some mental breakdowns.