By: David Franklin
Miami finished up another day of spring practice earlier today. Nothing super exciting but there were your usual bright spots, exciting looks, and injury concerns. A few notes below.
– Safety Amari Carter was seen with a boot on his foot but it was reportedly per Manny Diaz to “calm it down.” He is expected to participate in Thursday’s practice. TE Brevin continues to be listed as day to day with a knee injury.
– OC Dan Enos says that each QB is making progress but no one is a clear cut favorite or where they need to be.
– More looks on the offensive side of the ball as they went under center and added a FB to the schemes.
– OL DJ Scaife and Corey Gaynor have given praise to OL Coach Butch Barry for his approach to the game.
– DT Nesta Silvera was very aggressive and very vocal today.
– Dan Enos spent a lot of time with the WRs today and freshman Jeremiah Payton as he continues to impress.
– The battles in the Big Cane Drill continued and reports that Manny Diaz put two of his graduate assistants to the test today. I’m not sure which ones they were but the offensive players were seen celebrating what looked like a victory.