By David Udel
1.Phillips was once ranked the nations number 1 recruit in the country in 2017.
2. He will have two years of eligibility left.
3. He adds depth to a position in need of another Defensive End this cycle.
4. He can be a big time player
5. He loves the Music program at Miami.
For the Hurricanes there are little cons for them. This is a shot worth taking. But there are cons for Phillips.
1. He has a concussion history.
2. He has been injury prone during his career and he has never played a season with out missing multiple games.
3. While riding his scooter, Phillips got hit by a car and seriously injuring his wrist.
4. Not playing ball for nearly a year, so he may be a bit rusty.
5. He loves the Music program at Miami and it would not surprise me if he never hit the field and follow a career in that field. Nor would I be surprised to see him become the come back player of the year and be a beast.
So for me this is one of those 50/50 deals. Good for Miami, good for Phillips.